Sunday, August 19, 2012

jc 4 ANKH

My boss (or i guess my ex-boss..fellowship program ended on Friday) is heading to Israel in a couple weeks for GovLoop. There were 3 people in the office that all had been there, which led to a major brainstorming session as to the places he should see and visit. Moral of the story..
1. I am sadly forgetting some of the names of the places I visited.
2. It made me remember how much I love and miss the holy land. I miss the weird smells in the old city. I miss the prayer call every couple of hours. I miss everyone being so truly dedicated and devoted to their religion. I miss the view of  the entire old city from outside my balcony. I miss the people. I miss the simplicity of life. I miss being able to go to Gethsemane or the garden tomb every week on my sabbath. I miss the pitas and honey. I miss being able to study Christs life so intensely and walk the places he walked. I miss shabbon. I miss hearing.."hey mormons" all the time. I miss walking up that last hill to the JC center after a long day of exploring. I miss the field trips and the bus rides. I miss the cuddle sessions on the bean bags and the sheckle shack.  I miss the security guards awkwardly coming into the lounge and never saying or doing anything, I miss how every photo was an amazing photo just because of the places we visited. I miss my huge JC family. I miss it all!
Jerusalem will always hold a huge place in my heart. This experience truly was the most incredible 4 months of my life...well minus the other most incredible 18 months I spent on mission in Brasil.

JC4ANKH.








3 comments:

  1. I miss all of those same things!! I had a dream the other night that I went back for another semester..

    ReplyDelete
  2. well if i could remember my dreams...i hope itd be the same. i seriously am missing it all recently..and im missing you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!!!! my sister is going in January and I am soooo jealous. Can you believe we left 4 years ago??? crazy! i miss it!!

    ReplyDelete