Wednesday, March 13, 2013

let loose

So I guess you could say that I have changed over the past couple years but that's a good thing right? Right. I mean who would want to be the same person they were 3 years ago? Not me. That's why we are here. To grow and to become better. So not to say that I was a completely terrible person before my mission but I did have my crazy ways. Crazy G-rated Mormon ways I should say. I did things that I don't particularly care to do now....at least not all the time. I used to go out dancing 1-2 (or Freshmen year 2-3) times a week and things got a little crazy on the dance floor.

Since I have been back from my mission I can say that I have only let myself go wild twice!
1. At the Halloween dance=church dance. I told myself I would never go to one of those things after I hit age 15. And yet I am considering this "church dance" as one of the 2 craziest moments I have had post mish? Somebody help me.
The intense glare in my glasses just shows how hot and sweaty I was this night 
2. A couple weeks ago at Ashley's karaoke birthday party. Things started off on the ground and made there way onto the table and my hands were completely to themselves and somehow led to other places.
You can tell how much crazy dancing/singing was involved based off my 
roommate's expression and the blurriness of the photo. 
And can I admit that the 2 times I let loose completely I had fun? Is that legal? It made me think about what I used to be like and what I used to like doing. And while I might not show it a ton (like i said it's only been twice!) it's still in me. I appreciate those who can bring out that side of me. It's not that I have to be rapping every word to Snoop Dog's "Drop it Like It's Hot," standing up on top of a table belting some Destiny's Child song or getting down low on the dance floor all the time, but every once in awhile is ok by me. It's fun and that's how life should be. Maybe 6 months down the road this crazy side will come out since that seems to be the ongoing pattern? All it takes are the right people, with the right music, at the right place which will get me in the right mood.

1 comment: